326 Alfred St. the former Salvation Army Citadel has been purchased by Podium Development Corp who have applied to the city Planning Committee for a zoning change. The public meeting is scheduled for Thursday May 20 starting at 6:30 pm at City Hall Council Chambers.
If you wish to comment on the proposal you can attend the meeting or write to Karen Fraser re. file D14-180-2010 at firstname.lastname@example.org
The details are as follows:
- the property is currently designated residential but zoned for one and two family – the proposal requests re-zoning from one and two family to multiple family.
- the existing building will be demolished and a new 18 unit building with 12 3-bedroom plus a den units and 6 2-bedroom units constructed.
- the applicant requests an increase in lot occupancy from 100% to 112%
- the applicant requests a reduction in the side yard setbacks from required 4.7 metres and 9.4 metres to 0.1 metres and 0.9 metres.
- the applicant requests a reduction in rear yard setback from required 9.4 metres to 7.1 metres.
- the applicant requests a reduction in amenity area from required 891 square metres to 638.2 square metres.
- the applicant requests a reduction in parking spaces from required 25 to 9 spaces.
This is a significant change from the former use which will increase the amount of activity occurring on the block on a daily basis. It is also important to note that this property will impact more than just Alfred Street. All vehicle access to the property will be via Frontenac Street.