As summer draws to a close and we get back into the fall routine please remember to check for what’s happening in Williamsville. Here are a few items.
1. Fall Fun Fit ‘n’ Food – Sunday September 23, 11am to 1pm – come and take part in the Memorial Centre Farmers’ Market where there will be healthy living demos and info, old fashioned races (and prizes), and chef demo using market produce – sponsored by the Williamsville Community Association and hosted by the Memorial Centre Farmers’ Market.
- 11:00 – 11:30 healthy living demos and info
- 11:30 – 12:00 old fashioned races
- 12:00 – 12:30 chef demo
- 12:30 – 1:00 healthy living demos and info
Join us for healthy living demos & info by various Williamsville health and fitness related businesses and organizations, and Market vendors, including the KFLA Health Unit.
Old fashioned races organized by WCA
- egg & spoon
- sack jumping
- leap frog
Come for the fun and the food – where the farmers you meet grow the food you eat!
2. Bicycle lanes on Princess Street – you may recall that a request was made by Williamsville Councillor Jim Neill to look at including bicycle lanes on Princess Street through Williamsville as part of the Williamsville Main Street Study. At the September 11 Environment, Infrastructure, Transportation Policy Committee meeting, City staff recommended that no bike lanes be put on Princess St. through Williamsville (Option B). Option A was to put in bike lanes as a pilot project. The vote was a tie and therefore defeated. Option B was to do nothing which was also a tie vote and therefore defeated. It goes to Council on October 2 and you may wish to make you view known on this matter by writing to or calling city council members.
3. Next Williamsville Community Association Working Group meeting – will be held Monday October 22. If you are interested in getting involved please let us know.
4. Williamsville Town Hall – to be held later in November. Details to be sent in the future.