Fall has begun with fabulous weather and there are a few things happening in and around the neighbourhood that you may be interested in.
First, a huge thank you to everyone who came out to the Memorial Centre Market and our Fall Fun Fit ‘n’ Food event last Sunday. It was indeed a fun time for all. Thanks to Main Street Market and Taylored Training for providing prizes for our race events, and to Cyclepath, KFLA Health Unit, Cycle Kingston Inc. and the Market Vendors for sharing healthy lifestyle information and showing off what they do best!
1. Watch for an extended market period from October 28 to December 16.
2. Friday September 28 at 7:00pm – Kingston School of Art movie showing of “Exit Through the Gift Shop”. Free event at the corner of Princess and Victoria Street.
3. Saturday September 29 at 7:30pm – Celtic music concert at Unitarian Place 206 Concession Street. Ticket $15 at the door.
4. Deadline for application is September 30 – Do you know a local student who is 19-25 and interested in sustainability in Kingston?
Sustainable Kingston wants to cover the costs (accommodation, transportation, food) for 2 local students to attend either IMPACT! Sustainability Champions Training Program for Emerging Leaders (Ottawa, ON) or IMPACT! Sustainability Champions Training Program for Emerging Leaders (Guelph, ON).
5. Sunday October 14 at 7:00pm – “The Faithful Friends” concert at St. Luke’s. Tickets $10.
6. Saturday November 3 from 10:00am to 2:00pm – St. Luke’s annual bazaar and luncheon. Lunch is 11am-1pm $7.