Here are a few upcoming events and reminders for Williamsville. Sorry it’s another long one, but please read to the end.
- November 15 Town Hall – Williamsville Councillor Jim Neill hosts a Town Hall meeting Thursday November 15 starting at 6:30pm at Calvin Park Library. Please note that the Williamsville Community Association will make a brief presentation on our activities since our last general meeting in May. The detailed agenda follows.
- Development proposal for 652-663 Princess Street / 582-604 Victoria Street – this is the old Toyota lot at Victoria and Princess. Please take time to view this proposal and the planner’s report found on the City website within the context of the Williamsville Main Street Study which many of you participated in. Letters of opinion can be sent to the Planning Committee through Senior Planner Jason Budd email@example.com over the next while. Several Williamsville residents and property owners attended the Planning Committee meeting last week and spoke about a variety of concerns, not against development in Williamsville. You are encouraged to continue participating in shaping our community.
- Memorial Centre Farmers’ Market – reminder that the market continues on Sunday’s 10am to 2pm until December 16, weather permitting. There is still a variety of fresh produce, meat and prepared foods, as well as crafts and clothing available. Please come out and support our local suppliers.
- Saturday November 24 – Australian Concert with Glenn Foster and Jason Pedherney at St. Luke’s, 2pm. Tickets $10 adults, $7 students available at the door or call 613-542-5501.
- Saturday December 1 – Breakfast with Santa and St. Nicholas 9am to noon at St. Luke’s. Breakfast, games and songs, crafts and activities.
- The former Hockey Museum building at the corner of Alfred and York Streets will be demolished in the upcoming months.
- Since we’re moving towards the Christmas Season, remember to keep up with the “Buy Your Neighbourhood” campaign and support our Williamsville businesses and services.