Just a quick update and some follow-up information.
1. CELL PHONE TOWER RADIATION – A message from our neighbours on the west side of Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard: A meeting will take place on TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10 AT 7 PM in Centennial Public School (Norman Rogers Drive) for a discussion of the siting of a cell phone tower at 36 Cliff Crescent. A panel will present information, to be followed by public discussion. If you have concerns about the health effects of these towers, please attend. YOUR PRESENCE COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
2. Queen’s Campus Master Plan Open House – If you missed the December 6th open house but still have an interest in or concern about how Queen’s is planning for the future, particularly in the areas surrounding the campus, with respect to expansion and student accommodation, you can still view the presentation on-line and make comments at http://www.queensu.ca/cmp/events/campusandcommunityopenhouse-december
It is critical that Williamsville constituents become engaged in this process before it is too late.
3. Paint the Town! Williamsville through artists’ eyes – a reminder that this exhibit continues until Friday December 20th at the Window Art Gallery in the Kingston School of Art, Princess at Victoria. Also don’t miss the opening reception where you can meet the artists on Thursday December 12th from 5-7pm. See www.ksoa.info for more.
4. WCA working group meeting – the next meeting of the WCA working group is on Monday January 20th. If you are interested in attending or being involved in WCA activities please contact us.
5. Please remember to support our Williamsville businesses and services.
We wish everyone all the best for the season!
Williamsville Community Association
representing Businesses, Agencies & Residents