Spring should have sprung by now, but it seems to be a bit delayed, so here are some upcoming happenings in Williamsville to watch out for over the next while.
1. Monday March 30th Official Plan Update – 5:00 to 8:00pm with a presentation at 6:30pm at the Invista Centre. The City’s Official Plan is an important planning document that guides what happens in our community. For details see www.cityofkingston.ca/OPupdate you can also receive updates by emailing email@example.com
2. Williamsville Community Association Spring Town Hall to be held in April – more details coming soon. At the 2014 Town Hall Meeting, a paid membership with a modest annual fee of $10 was endorsed and we are looking for a membership secretary to assist. If you can help, please contact us.
3. Window Art Gallery – Kingston School of Art – check out the exhibits and shows now on. Kingston Photographic Club exhibit begins April 12. Spring term begins in April. For details see http://www.ksoa.info/
4. Monday April 13th & Wednesday April 15th Traffic Calming Public Meetings – the City will hold info sessions April 13th 6:30-8:30pm Invista Centre & April 15th 6:30-8:30pm Memorial Hall, City Hall regarding traffic calming measures that include two Williamsville neighbourhoods – coming in 2015 to Alfred Street between Concession and Princess, and Helen Street between Macdonnell and Carruthers.
5. Wednesday April 15th & May 13th – Victoria Park Upgrades Public Meetings – the City is looking for community input on these dates starting at 7:00pm at St. Joseph-St. Mary’s School Gym at Brock & Napier. Contribute to what will happen by attending these sessions and sharing your ideas.
6. Wednesday April 22nd Bridge & Luncheon – join friends at St. Luke’s, 236 Nelson Street for bridge and lunch, tickets are $10 per person. To reserve your table call 613-542-5501.
7. Saturday & Sunday May 2nd & 3rd – Jane Jacob’s Walks – Williamsville Community Association has teamed up with several other community and district associations and groups to offer a series of Jane’s Walks starting at 10:00am on both days. Details available soon at www.janeswalk.org
8. Sundays in May starting May 10th – Market Day – join your local farmers and friends for the opening of the Memorial Centre Farmers’ Market coming this May. Stay tuned to http://memorialcentrefarmersmarket.ca/events-calendar/ for details.
9. Princess Street bike lanes and side street parking – Macdonnell to Division coming soon. For details on changes to parking see www.cityofkingston.ca/parking
10. Save the Date – Saturday June 20th – Kid’s Triathlon – taking place at the Memorial Centre 8:00am to noon. Please note, there will be some street closures and lane reductions around the M-Centre. Volunteers are needed & if interested email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-929-4511. Registration now open at www.ktownkids.net
Our next WCA working group meeting is Monday April 6th, if you would like to attend and get involved please contact us.
Williamsville Community Association
representing Businesses, Agencies & Residents