As the days get shorter and cooler, there are many things happening in Williamsville neighbourhoods in the coming weeks.
The following item is for information to anyone interested from the Sunnyside neighbourhood parkland.
1. Notice Re: Meeting Concerning St. Joseph/St Mary Site
Council will be considering a motion to reconsider their current proposal for the above site on November 1. Many people have asked those who are involved with the neighbourhood issue how they might contact councillors and what they might write. Therefore, on Tuesday, October 25, people who are interested in discussing the ‘next steps’ in this ongoing debate are invited to come to a meeting at St. Luke’s Church Hall from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. This will not be a meeting with city staff – just those who are interested in pursuing more parkland for this site.
2. Wednesday October 26 – Annual Town Hall with Councillor Jim Neill
Join Councillor Neill from 6:00-9:00pm at Princess Street United – Princess St. at Albert for presentations and discussion on several items.
- 6:15 – 7:00: Neighbourhood Groups. (Our Neighbourhood & Williamsville Association)
- 7:00 – 7:30: Planning & Williamsville Corridor.
- Zoning & OP. Proposed Podium Development. (Director Paige Agnew and/or Designate)
- 7:30 – 8:00: Housing and Parks.
- St. Mary’s/St. Joseph’s Update. (Director Sheldon Laidman and/or Designate)
- Parks Update – Victoria Park and M-Centre. (Commissioner Lanie Hurdle and/or Designate)
- 8:00 – 8:30: Public Transit and Neighbourhood Parking. (Director Sheila Kidd and/or Designate)
- 8:30 – 9:00: District Councillor Jim Neill – Q & A.
3. October 30: Pumpkin Carving – Memorial Centre Farmers’ Market
Market-goers and vendors can purchase a pumpkin, and make use of provided tools to carve their jack-o-lanterns! No mess at home! Come out and have fun at the M-Centre Market while picking up local produce and crafts.
4. Wednesday November 16 – St. Luke’s Bridge and Luncheon
Takes place at 236 Nelson St. at noon. Make sure to reserve your table, $10 per person, by calling 613-542-5501. And don’t forget the annual fall bazaar and luncheon takes place Saturday October 29 at St. Luke’s 10am to 2pm.
5. Saturday November 26 – Princess St. United Christmas Bazaar
Takes place at 484 Albert St. at Princess, 10am to 2pm. Baked goods, crafts, items for all ages. Soup, sandwich and dessert lunch. For info call 613-546-7151 or 613-544-3259
If you are interested in getting involved with activities in Williamsville please contact us.