Hope you are keeping warm and not shovelling too much snow – although those ground hogs are suggesting 6 more weeks!
Here are a few items that concern Williamsville:
1. Princess & Victoria construction site clean-up – there will be lane closures anticipated to begin on February 3rd. It is expected that Victoria Street from Princess to South Bartlett will be reduced to one lane from February 3rd to 7th and pedestrians will need to use the east side of Victoria. Princess Street from Victoria to the west side of the site will be worked on from February 10th until at least February 12th, but it is not anticipated that there will be any lane closures. Pedestrians should be able to use the south side of Princess. Both streets will not be impacted at the same time.
2. Mayor’s Reception to recognize community efforts during December 17th fire – will be held Tuesday February 4th from 6 to 8pm in Memorial Hall, City Hall. Residents are encouraged to sign thank you books that will be available at the event for the responders to the fire. The books will then be given to each group on behalf of the community to share with their teams. All members of the public are encouraged to come out to show their support to the individuals and teams who supported the community during the fire.
3. Williamsville Princess Street Reconstruction Public Meetings – will be held Wednesday February 12th at 8 to 9:30am and 6:30 to 8pm at Princess Street United Church at the corner of Princess and Albert to update you on the sewer and road project. Businesses and residents need only attend one of the meetings. The City of Kingston contact is Derek Ochej at 546-4291 ext. 2703.
4. Kingston School of Art – winter programs have begun and exhibits continue. For more information visit www.ksoa.info
Exhibiting in February Just in time for Valentines!
Surprise your sweetheart with an original piece of art!
SweethART Fundraising Art Auction featuring artist Primrose Craig – “Life’s a beach and other things”
A compilation of works including paintings, mixed media, sculpture and encaustic collage created by local artist Primrose Craig. The SweetART Auction is a fundraiser for the Kingston School of Art and Window Art Gallery.
A new piece of artwork will be posted on our Window Art Gallery website daily and you will have 24 hours to place your bid.
The bidder who is closest to our secret set price will be contacted.
The actual Artwork will be on exhibition at our gallery for your viewing pleasure.
*Shipping charges are extra.
February 1st – 28th 2014
Closing Reception and sale of remaining works (at full price) Saturday Feb 28th 6-8pm.
5. City Communications Survey – the city is seeking input on how they should communicate with the public by Monday February 10th. Due out in late winter, the Communications Master Plan will provide a framework for how the City communicates with the public and its more specific audiences – both internally and externally. The survey will help align communications protocols with the way various audiences prefer to access City-related information, while maximizing the use of technology, digital and social media.
The survey <http://www.CityofKingston.ca/getinvolved> asks about preferences regarding types of messages and channels, both new and traditional. The public can also complete the survey by calling Customer Service at 613-546-0000 to complete it by phone. Responses from visitors, seasonal and regional residents as well as Kingstonians are all welcome. Please submit your input by Monday, Feb. 10.
6. Johnson Street Development – The OMB Hearing date has been confirmed for March 26, 2014. This will be the full Hearing with 3 days allocated. Contact email@example.com for more information.
7. 495 – 513 Frontenac development – if you live within 120 metres of this site you will have received notice of a new proposal. The plans will be made available on our website at www.williamsville.ca and we will contact you soon regarding a neighbourhood meeting to review the proposal. There is no scheduled date for the public meeting at Planning Committee.